Larisa provides estate planning for clients and their families at all stages of their lives — from young adults in need of powers of attorney as they leave for college, to families preparing wills for the first time and who are concerned about guardianship or special needs planning for their children, to adults contemplating retirement and the eventual transfer of the money and property they have worked hard to earn.
Larisa has extensive professional and personal experience in what is commonly known as “elder law.” She has assisted her own parents, in-laws, and clients with their current or anticipated need for public benefits planning and application assistance, and she knows first-hand how important it is to help the whole family get the compassion and legal support they want as they help their loved ones plan for their future in a way that allows them to hold fast to the dignity that comes with maintaining both choice and control as one ages. The daughter of a career military officer, she is also passionate about helping veterans to integrate their VA and retirement benefits into a plan that provides security for their future and clear guidance for their families.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Estate Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Public Benefits Planning
PAST LEGAL PRACTICE
- Elder Law Solutions, PLLC, Louisville, Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky – Chambers of the Hon. James. D. Moyer
- YUM! Brands, Louisville, Kentucky
- Brown, Todd & Heyburn, PLLC (now known as Frost Brown Todd, LLC), Louisville, Kentucky
- United States District Court for the Western District of Kentucky — Chambers of the Hon. John G. Heyburn II
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- Commonwealth of Kentucky
- U.S. Federal District Courts of the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- Sixth Circuit United States Court of Appeals
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D.
- College of William and Mary, B.A.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys
- Veteran’s Administration – Accredited Attorney
PRESENTATIONS & PUBLICATIONS
- Paying for Your Parents’ Care (May 2021 – https://www.daughterhood.org/conversation-videos/)
- Future “Daughterhood Conversations” Presentations:
Legal Issues Caregivers Face (November 2021 – daughterhood.org/conversation-videos)
Wellbeing of Parents/Caregivers (March 2022 – daughterhood.org/conversation-videos)